Our goal is to help young children use their environment productively and allow them to discover themselves as individuals and independent learners. To achieve our goals, Discover Little Miracles Child Care uses The Creative Curriculum Framework which includes:
- Setting up a healthy room environment.
- Working with parents in guiding children to use problem-solving strategies, build social skills and meet objective goals.
- Creating teachers’ lesson plans to meet the needs and interests of each classroom.
This Curriculum focuses primarily on giving teachers guidelines for setting up their classroom using eleven interest areas and instructional strategies to ensure that all aspects of a child’s development (social-emotional, cognitive and physical) are addressed.
Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum
Our program is tailored to meet the needs of children, rather than expecting children to adjust to the demands of a specific program. The program provides a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional and cognitive development of young children. Child-initiated, teacher-supported play is an essential component of this developmentally appropriate curriculum. To meet the developmental needs of each child, the educational program will provide the opportunity for:
- Active, quiet play
- Outdoor activities (weather permitting)
- Individual, small and large group activities
- Experiences that allow for learning at the child’s own level
- Creative expression
- Intellectual stimulation
- Language development
- Multicultural and diversified experiences
Core values and manners will be emphasized to all children throughout the learning experience. Respect for themselves and others will be promoted, both through a model and positive reinforcement. The Center will celebrate and incorporate the following holidays in its curriculum: New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.